Criado por: André M. Faria
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 and higher (with the exception of RHEL 7.5)
- Extended Update Support is not offered for any previous RHEL 7 minor releases as SAP HANA is certified only from RHEL 7.2.
Update Services for SAP Solutions is not available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0 and higher
- Subscription: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions
- How do I register SAP HANA systems to use the Update Services for SAP Solutions?
- How to migrate or re-register SAP HANA systems to use the new Update Services for SAP Solutions
Either one of the following subscription combinations is required to access RHEL E4S channels:
- for x86_64 platform
- for PowerPC Little Endian (ppc64le) platform
NOTE: Only for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5
As per RHEL lifecycle page, there is no E4S/Update services for RHEL 7.5. Enable Extended Update Support(EUS) instead of E4S. For more information on how to enable EUS, refer to the following kbase article.
NOTE: Only for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
For information on How to subscribe SAP HANA systems to the Update Services for SAP Solutions on RHEL 8 see the knowledge base article 4714781.
1. Detach 'SAP HANA' subscription (already registered systems only)
Follow the below steps if the SAP HANA System was already registered using the older RHEL for SAP HANA subscription.
Find the serial number of the subscription that the system is currently subscribed to
subscription-manager list --consumed
Remove the subscription assigned to the system using the below command. Replace the "serial" with the value obtained from Step 1.
subscription-manager remove --serial=<SERIAL>
2. Attach 'SAP Solutions' subscription
Follow the below steps to attach the 'SAP Solutions' subscription
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions subscription. This process involves two steps:
Find the pool id of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions subscription
subscription-manager list --available
Attach the subscription to the system
subscription-manager attach --pool=XXXX
3. Enable base repositories for new Update Services for SAP Solutions
When registering the system you should first lock the system to SAP HANA certified version of RHEL and clear the yum cache. Note that all the default yum repositories associated with a subscription are enabled during registration. Disable all the enabled yum repositories and enable only the required E4S repositories. The same steps can be followed for a server which is registered to Red Hat Customer portal or to Satellite using Red Hat Subscription management.
Set the release to one of the SAP HANA certified version of RHEL and clear the yum cache. For setting the minor release as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 you can use commands below, for other version adjust the command.
subscription-manager release --set=7.2
yum clean all
Disable all yum repositories that were enabled by default
subscription-manager repos --disable="*"
Enable the E4S yum repositories
4. Enable 'High Availability' repositories for the new Update Services for SAP Solutions
If the system is also required to be subscribed to
High availability repository, then in addition to previous commands execute one of the below commands.
5. Where to look for additional documentation
Check the article Where I can find documentation for SAP products on RHEL and other Red Hat products?
For registering the system to the new Update Services for SAP Solutions, a
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions subscription is required. Contact Red Hat Sales if your Red Hat account does not list the new
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions.
Update Services for SAP Solutions is only provided with RHEL for SAP Solutions and for customers running either SAP HANA or SAP Applications. It is not available on any other RHEL products, or for customers not running SAP workloads.
Refer the following article for more information on Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions subscription.